You would wonder that you can earn money with Google online in many ways.
In this post, I am going to share 11 different ways that you can use to make money online through Google.
11 Ways on How to Earn Money Online With Google
#1. Google Adsense
Adsense is the easiest way to start earning online with Google because you only need to start a blog or a website and get traffic to display ads so that users could click on the ads. Here are other ways to make money from your blog.
There is no fixed Cost Per Click (CPC) for AdSense ads. In India, CPC varies from $0.01 to $0.10 but on an average, it is mostly around $0.03 depending on the niche.
However, I do not recommend monetizing using Adsense because first it drives the reader out of the blog and second there are better ways to monetize like affiliate marketing, email marketing and even selling e-books and courses.
#2. Google Adword (Ads)
Google Ads, a pay-per-click (PPC) advertising from Google can help you earn online by driving traffic to your website and let you sell the products.
Google Ads requires knowledge of keywords, time and money. You can track and measure results. Use Google Ads only when there are customer demand, a marketing budget, and an understanding of competition.
Understanding of the keywords is important as all the competition and bidding happens on specific business relevant keywords.
Before you start bidding on keywords, you should do primary research to know the worth of specific keywords, search volume, and keyword competitiveness.
You can use Google Ads to
- To get visibility in the Google search results.
- Google Ads traffic might convert better than organic traffic
- Complement other marketing channels
#3. Run Google Adsense
The other way of using Google Adsense is to run your own ads on the Google Adsense network to pull targeted traffic to your website. Ad content will pull potential clients to your website. You can then monetize the traffic and earn money.
You need an initial investment to run ads campaign.
Running Adsense requires expertise and investment which should justify the return on investment (ROI) obtained from pulling and monetizing traffic.
Go for this option, when you have the confidence to monetize your website through affiliate marketing or selling your own products.
In order to run ads on different websites, you can also pick and add the site to your sites list in an AdSense account.
You can use audience targeting tools like Facebook ads (data from page insights) & google ads (data from Google analytics demographics) to choose topics, interest categories, age, and gender to whom your ads will be shown or contextual targeting where you pick keywords and Google does the rest.
Once done, you need to bid for CPC (cost per click) for the targeted keywords. If you target high competitive words then CPC would go high. Because many people bid for those keywords.
#4. Youtube Adsense
Youtube was bought by Google in 2006 and now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries.
Like Google Adsense, Youtube Adsense also works on similar lines. You create your own channel and then start publishing unique videos.
The Ads can be placed by linking your Youtube channel to the AdSense account so that you can monetize the videos.
My Cashoverflow Youtube Channel got monetization approval from Youtube and that too in just seven days after completing the eligibility criteria.
For approving Adsense monetization, Youtube considers various factors such as
- User Engagement: It requires 4000 watch hours and at least 1000 subscribers.
- Quality Content: Without which getting engagement is not possible.
- Copyrights: All the channel’s video should be original.
- Community Guidelines: To control banned or restricted content like child porn, drug or substance abuse.
- Advertisers: There should be some advertisers willing to place ads.
Based on the channel content, usually, it may take 15 days to 6 months to get approval.
While starting out, I suggest you create quality videos and upload them to build engagement. You should be very regular in posting videos with original content and restraint from placing links and spamming.
I got approval in a week’s time.
#5. Youtube Adwords
Youtube Adwords is for your videos which are similar to Google Adwords. But you need to remember that the Youtube channel attracts traffic only when you have high-quality relevant video content for your audience.
AdWords campaigns give extra momentum and boost the organic growth of your channel.
You can later choose one of two goals for your AdWords campaign
- Brand Awareness and Reach: When you select Brand Awareness and Reach, your ad can reach a lot of people for a small amount of money, but it won’t appear in the search results.
This goal is recommended for vloggers who are interested in making their channel popular and reach new viewers and subscribers.
- Product and Brand Consideration: Using this goal means your ad will appear in Youtube search results as people are researching or shopping for products.
This goal is recommended for promoting a product, tool or service to desired consumers.
#6. Run Youtube Adsense
Just like Google Adsense, you can run Youtube Adsense to pull traffic to your Youtube channel. You can attract viewers from different channels with AdWords Placement Targeting.
You can start by doing your own subscriber research to understand what channels and content creators your target audience subscribe to. Next, you need to link your Youtube channel to Adwords account, create an Ad, set a budget and target the desired audience.
The ads can be
- In-stream advertisements that appear before or after the video
- In-display ads that appear alongside a video or on the Youtube search results page.
Check out other methods of earning through Youtube.
#7. Participate in Google Surveys
Google surveys can be taken from Google’s opinion rewards app created by the Google Surveys team.
However, the survey does not earn you huge money. In fact, it ranges from Rs. 3 to Rs. 20 per opinion.
You can download the Google opinion reward app from google play store. Then you need to take surveys and give your opinion. For each opinion, you win Google Play credits which can be used to purchase Apps, Books, Online Music and Games from Play Store.
You can improve your chances of getting surveys by
- Opening up the app every day
- Keeping your mobile’s GPRS on
- Sharing location history
- Traveling a lot
- Being honest and paying attention while taking a survey
#8. Start Blog and Drive Organic Traffic (SEO)
Google has the potential to send millions of organic traffic to your blog through SEO if you have meaningful and quality content.
SEO (Search Engine OPtimization) is the way to optimize content so that the content can be discovered easily by Google organic search.
The SEO practices helps Google’s search algorithm understand what the content is all about so that Google can show the content to relevant readers.
You can start earning by setting up a blog and driving organic traffic to the blog through proper SEO. You can monetize your blog later in different ways like affiliate marketing, Ad sense and offering your products and services.
Getting organic traffic from Google is always beneficial as the audience have intent and the search matches with what exactly they are looking for. Which is helpful when it comes to generating income from advertisements and affiliate programs.
Even advertisers from brands look for the blog, which pulls organic traffic from search engines.
#9. List Your App on Google Play Store
You can build and list your own App on Google Play Store and earn money.
Google also provides a cloud-based “App Engine platform” to build and publish apps on the Google Store. Initially, you can build free apps to check engagement and gain subscribers. Once you have enough subscribers, you can monetize your app.
Monetizing app can happen in the following ways
- Free App with In-app Advertising: In this model, you give away an app for free and make use of mobile in-app advertising to generate revenue.
- Free App + In-app Purchases: In this model, you give away your app for free and make use of in-app purchases of virtual items to generate revenue. The items can be stickers, currency, weapons, extra lives, accessories.
- Paid Apps: The model requires you to pay for the app upfront in order to use it. You can build paid apps in categories like productivity, utility, education, and music.
- Freemium model: Here you provide audiences a functional app that has basic features for free but needs to pay to access premium and more advanced features.
- Subscription: Subscription method generates revenues on a recurring basis i.e either monthly or annually. You allow viewing a predetermined amount of content for free and then ask for an upgrade or paid subscription to get more content.
- Incentivized Advertising: Here, you can reward audiences for completing an action such as clicking on an ad, watching a video ad, taking a survey, engaging with a brand and registering for a new product.
#10. Work as Search Engine Evaluator
You can earn money online working as a search engine evaluator. Google terms the position as “Ads quality rater” and it is one of the few online job opportunities with Google.
The work involves examining and analyzing advertising content, images, and text and then give feedback on specific aspects of the ads.
Evaluators provide feedback to ensure that the search results are relevant, comprehensive, timely, are spam-free and accurate to the searcher’s intent. In short, they act as a human check to improve the complicated search engine algorithm.
However, Google does not recruit search engine evaluators directly but employs outside agencies like
#11. Sell Books on Google Play Store
You can earn by publishing a book on Google Play through Books Partner Centre.
Google Play helps you reach one billion+ android users spread over 50 countries and multiple platforms to promote your book.
If you have an existing ebook or planning to write a new book then you should definitely list it on Google Play. Google doesn’t even ask for exclusive rights to sell digital editions of your books. You do not even require ISBN at the start.
Bonus – Earn Money with Google Pay
Google Pay is a utility bill payment app that works with all existing bank accounts that support BHIM UPI. You can use Google Pay to make money for fun purposes because you can not scale and get regular earning.
You can earn through Google Pay in two ways
- Invite and Earn: You invite your friends and others to use Google Pay and if your friends install the app from your link and make a transaction you will earn Rs. 51
- Earn through Scratch Cards: Google has designed lots of offers like “Transfer amount to anyone and you will get a scratch card up to Rs.1000.” But it needs a hard-luck to get some cashback from the scratch card.
You can earn a good amount of money and make your digital business success using Google tools. You can start by participating in Google Survey or referring to Google Pay, which does not require anything but to download the app. You will not earn much but will give you a start.